Monday, September 7, 2009

Pendolino
Shop 100, Level 2
The Strand Arcade
412-414 George St
Sydney
NSW 2000
Ph : (02) 9231 6117


Sometimes one finds oneself in dire need of some Puttanesca.  On such days, if you work in the Sydney city area then you would do yourself some good to head over to Pendolino in the Strand Arcade.

A good Puttanesca is a thing of pure and simple comfort.
 

Penne alla Puttanesca ($15)

A very generously sized serve with the comforting mild chilli kick that I wanted and not overwhelmed by anchovies, the penne was cooked perfectly to my tastes and served at a sufficient temperature that the dish never completely cooled.

Patatine w Rosemary Salt ($6)

Pardon the extremely bad photo.  If you've been to Pendolino you'll understand that the lighting is somewhat muted. For some reason I felt like some fries. I know that they didn't exactly go with what I ordered but I just had a fried potato kind of a craving.

Okay maybe I'm wrong but these fries, enough for 3-4 people, are probably the tastiest and best value fries in the Sydney CBD area. Hell probably even beyond that. Crunchy goodness with the added fragrance and taste of Rosemary - try them and tell me if you disagree that these are a Good Thing.


[AP]

No comments: