Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tribes Restaurant

Tribes Restaurant
57a Glasthule Rd
Glasthule
Sandycove
Co Dublin
Ireland
Ph : +353 (0)1 236 5971

Lunch 12.30 - 3.00pm (4.00pm Sun)
Dinner 5.30 - 11.00pm Mon-Sat (6.00 - 10.00pm Sun)



Just next door to Cavistons is the very laid back Tribes Bar and Restaurant - it serves what is, to date, the best lamb shank I've ever eaten. Yes I know that this is a big call but trust me, so was the taste and delivery of this dish.

Braised lamb shank "off the bone" with vegetables, crushed potato and rosemary jus
€19.95


The lamb is removed from the bone before cooking and placed in a tubed tin (I know that sounds odd) for the cooking process. You can't tell from looking at it, but the meat just falls apart at touch. Served with a very traditional rosemary combination, it was also good value for money, a similar dish in London would cost considerably more.


I literally grabbed this meal on the hop, but it was one of the best dinners I had in Ireland, and I will definitely return.

The atmosphere was very informal and friendly - one of the more pleasant surprises.

Recommended.



[JPVFX]

No comments: