Sunday, October 4, 2009

T.T.’s Cafe

67 Albion St
Surry Hills
NSW 2010
Ph : (02) 9212 5882

 
"Noon at the regular?" asked RR when we made luncheon plans.
 
"Roger that".
 
On our last visit to T.T.'s, RR had ordered a daily special which did not appear this time. Had it, I would have probably ordered it.  Instead, I went for -


Minced Chicken Patties with Tomato & Garlic Sauce ($8)

The patties are served with your choice of mashed potatoes, rice or a third option which for some reason I can't recall.  I chose mashed potatoes of course. 

This is a dish with which I'm long familiar - large slightly chunky patties, lightly seasoned, with Jana's very moreish tomato and very garlicky sauce.  The generous amount of sauce went perfectly with the soft fluffy mash, and I finished every last droplet of it.

RR also went for chicken :

Chicken Picasso with Chilli, Garlic, Mushrooms, Red Wine Sauce & Mashed Potatoes ($10)

Again, a winner. Yes we noted that the two dishes looked remarkably similar but they were quite different and both high on the Comfort Food Scale.

I've never had dessert here, but the sight of another table's crepes meant that I had no choice but convince RR to share some crepes with me.

T.T. Crepes with Berries, Maple Syrup & Ice Cream ($8)

Now are these the best value sweet crepes in town? A mere $8 for three large crepes stuffed with fresh berries grown by the owners themselves. Three large pillows of sweet joy!


What did we find inside? Blueberries, boysenberries and strawberries. Freshly picked, plump, sweet, and juicy.  I had one, RR had two.  Trust me, if I could have eaten two I would have, and as I blog this, I'm beginning to regret that I didn't.....


[AP]


No comments: