Monday, November 23, 2009

Dolcissimo

Dolcissimo
96-98 Dalhousie St
Haberfield NSW 2045
Ph : (02) 9716 4444 (5 lines)


"
After the previous week's pizza lunch, I was in the mood for another one, so again it was with my previous pizza companion that we hurtled into Haberfield to check out Paesanella for some burrata cheese, the topic of much twitter conversation and something unknown to me.

Watch of Choice for the day was in keeping with the Italian theme - Panerai PAM48.


First to appear was the Insalata Caprese ($9.50). A generous serve of sweet tomatoes and bocconcini, this may be one of the simplest salads to put together, but it is also one of the most refreshing and enjoyable, if the ingredients are fresh and flavoursome. This was a solid Caprese, and mostly because of the quality of the tomatoes.

In accordance with ordering the Margherita at Pizza e Birra last week, the decision was made to order it again, for comparison purposes.


The Pizza Margherita at Dolcissimo is $17.50, as compared with Pizza e Birra's, which is $20. Just to recap what the latter looked like - 


As you can see, they are quite different in appearance. They were quite different in taste, as well. As Chairman Kaga would ask, which reigned supreme?

My friend enjoyed both equally, despite their differences in the taste of the crust, tomato, and the type of mozzarella used.

I unequivocally preferred the Pizza e Birra one. If I treated them as entirely different pizzas then maybe(?) my preference may have been a little less marked, but they were both Margheritas and as well as the base and crust of the Pizza e Birra tasting more "woody" and having a different texture to it, the quality of the tomato and mozarella (not to mention the extra basil leaves) also made it the winner between the two. The extra few dollars were more than worth it.

Two Margheritas in as many weeks, but since then, I've had none! Then again, I have a suspicion that my Margherita Companion is probably in need of a break....hahaha......Me? No! I guess, though, that now I need to find someone else prepared to eat the same thing innumerable times.....

Does anyone have any favourite Margheritas in Sydney?



[AP]

5 comments:

Mim said...

Me, take me!

Simon Leong said...

i'm more of a supreme pizza guy when i order but i can appreciate a good Margherita. i had some nice pizzas at Lucio Pizzeria http://simonfoodfavourites.blogspot.com/2009/06/lucio-pizzeria-darlinghurst-18-june.html and reckon they would make a good Margherita :-)

The Sydney Tarts said...

Mim - Well you've got to *be* here, right? :)

The Sydney Tarts said...

SimonFF - I keep on forgetting to go to Lucio's for some reason! I read your review in June and *still* it slips my mind LOL. OMG I think I want to try all the ones you blogged about :-O

AP.

Anonymous said...

il love pizza margherita !!! It's very good !!!